Thursday 10 January 2019

summer learning journey DAY 3: Awesome Animals Activity 1: Fantastic Beasts

THE LIVING STATUE


As I stood staring in terror, the deadly
black
slit seemed to swallow me up. The
weight
of the 15 ton giant, thumped into the
dusty
sand, like a runaway steam roller. And
now
the smell of bloody meat and bones
slithered up my nostrils and slid down
my
spinal cord.  
I knew I should be running for my life but
its ātaahua (beauty) held me rigid.   


It looks like someone has painted a
masterpiece on a scaly moss kakariki
(green) canvas and then spray painted
highlights on parts of it.  The fiery
yellow
eyelids look like a warm summer sunset
on a clear kengo (night). Its beauty is
shattered by a mighty belch that
sounds
like a tīhara (diesel) truck backfiring.
He ran as fast as a golf cart that had
been
biffed of a cliff.          

I say to myself, “Damn, I didn’t think
my
day could get any worse!”

2 comments:

  1. Hey!

    This is a great piece of work, but can you clarify what activity this is?
    It would be super helpful if you could include the title of each activity, the day and the week.

    I would like to give you full points, But I don't know which activity you have completed!
    Thanks :)

    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Daniel

    I can see that this is your fantastic beast activity. You have created a beast that Newt would be proud to have in the movie with him.
    I really like the way that you have described this beast. I think it is a little bit scary!
    I don't think that I would like to come across this beast in a dark alley. What does your beast eat? I am almost too scared to ask!
    I love how you have ended this piece of writing 'Damn, I didn't think my day could get any worse'

    Well done Daniel I enjoyed reading your work!

    Keep up the great work and I hope your holiday is going well.

    Until next time

    Allie :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.