Thursday 17 October 2019

KOWHAIWHAI PATTERN

         MY KOWHAIWHAI ART 
BY DANIEL 


In He Kākano (our senior māori group) we have been
learning about
kowhaiwhai and their meanings. I had to create
a piece of
artwork showing
at least one kowhaiwhai  pattern.
Here is what I created. 


The red koru represents my whanau.
There is mum dad my sister and myself.
The dark green koru represent the nature and the bush.
I put these on because my family
loves going tramping and being in the outdoors.
The light green Design
represents ABUNDANCE.
I chose this design
because the bush is all about growth and ABUNDANCE.  


The yellow design represents Te Rā ( The Sun ) 


The blue design represents the weather
and how it can rapidly
change in Aotearoa.       



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.