Sunday 6 January 2019

summer learning journey

If I could save 10 animals it would be 

1.kiwi because they are native,endemic and also very cute 

2. Whio because they sound lovely and look magnificent 

3. bats because there are only 2 species of bat left in NZ

4. Rata because they don't flower every year  

5. Mistletoe because it is a very colourful epiphyte

6. Kaka Beak because i want to grow more on my bush track entrance 

7. Dragonfly its wings have intricate patterns 

8. Cicadas because they have an interesting life cycle

Image result for kiwi9. Ferns because i like when the sun shines through them on my bush track

10. Tui because I
 love their wattles   Image result for cicada
Image result for tui

   

3 comments:

  1. Hi There Daniel!

    Wellcome! Well done on your first SLJ post! I’m Hasiba, from Summer Learning Journey team. I love your list of lovely animals to save!

    I especially admire that you included Rata, Mistletoe and Ferns. Plants are living creatures too! What kind of plants are in your garden?

    I once saw a Kiwi at the Auckland Zoo! I didn’t even know we are left with only 2 species of bats! It is quite heartbreaking. Losing one species is tragic because those species that eat them and are eaten by them are also affected. Each animal has a special place in our ecosystem!


    Keep up the creativity and hard work
    He Whetu Koe! (You’re a star!)
    Hasiba

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the feed back i'm really fascinated with your name were does it originate from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Daniel!

    Well Ha - si - ba is how you pronounce it. It's a Arabic name it means of 'Noble Descent'. However my parents speak Persian and they translate it to "the light at the end of the tunnel" kind of like the rainbow after the storm. Or simply when something happy happens after a period of sadness.

    Thanks for asking Daniel! I would love to hear why your parents choose your name?

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.